- 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck or 1 1⁄2 lbs beef
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into 1/4 inch thick slices and pound slightly.
- Cut potatoes in thick slices.
- Heat butter, saute onion and brown meat on all sides.
- Place in layers with other ingredients in a casserole.
- Pour water into frying pan. Stir and add liquid to casserole. Add beer.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour until meat is tender. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.