I made this up when I wanted to use scallops but I didn't want a ton of fat. When I served it the other day, my husband said, "Let's just have this and forget the main course." Now, coming from him, a big meat and potatoes fan, I thought that was quite a compliment. I used the little bay scallops, just the frozen ones from the supermarket. Those are the only ones we can get without taking out a second mortgage! I imagine it would be good with the large ones as well. If you have scallop shells, that is a great way to do the individual servings, but you could use any little oven-proof dishes or you could make it as one larger dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (or more)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1Simmer the scallops in the wine until done, 2 to 3 minutes (don't overcook).
- 2Remove the scallops with a slotted spoon and turn the heat under the wine to high.
- 3Boil to reduce liquid to 1 cup.
- 4In another pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 5Add the mushrooms and saute until cooked.
- 6Add the garlic and cook about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- 7Add the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 8Add the reserved liquid from cooking the scallops and stir until blended.
- 9Boil until thickened, take it off the heat and add the cheese and parsley.
- 10Add the scallops. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter in another bowl.
- 12Put in individual bowls or shells and top with the breadcrumb and Parmesan mixture.
- 13Broil until the breadcrumbs are brown and crispy.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skip the Entree Scallop Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.9
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 433.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 26.6 g