Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
a hardy stew just like mom used to make. I say meat because you can use any red meat, Beef, Lamb, even Wild Game.
- 2 lbs meat, 1 inch cubes (your choice)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Coat meat with flour and brown in a skillet with the oil.Add all ingredients to stock pot, or a crock pot.
- Simmer 2 hrs coverd in stock pot.
- Or 1 hr on high and 4 hrs on low in crock pot.
- Be sure to remove bay leaf before serving .
- Serve on toast or bisquits.