This healthy and easy recipe (with wheat-free and vegan options) makes an incredibly moist cake. It's from "A The Skinnygirl Dish: Easy Recipes for Your Naturally Thin Life", by Bethenny Frankel. If you want a chocolate glaze, use melted butter and omit the peanut butter. If you want a plain peanut butter glaze, omit the cocoa. You could also use a round or square cake pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour or 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (the darker and higher quality, the better)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1/2 cup raw sugar or 1/3 cup maple syrup or 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 2 tablespoons creamy 100% peanut butter (the natural kind, no sugar added)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
- 2Pour the batter into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, rotating the pan about halfway through the baking time. When a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, it's done.
- 3Let the cake cool completely, then top with Peanut Butter Glaze. Slice & serve.
- 4For the glaze: Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a hand blender until the sugar crystal are dissolved. If they aren't dissolving, you can gently heat the mixture until they do. Heat on low on the stove or on 50 percent power in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. Be careful with splattering when blending.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skinnygirl's Chocolate Cake With Peanut Butter Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 231.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g