Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family and I became addicted to Bergy's No Sugar Iced Coffee but needed a less guilty version to feel free to enjoy it several times a day. I shared this version with Bergy and she suggested I post it. Her original version is beyond delicious.
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups strong coffee, cooled (2 c water with 2 T instant coffee)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Combine all ingredients in blender with some crushed ice and blend.
- Better actually if you combine all the ingredients in a blender and them partially freeze the mixture and blend again (just a stronger coffee flavor).
I like the concept but really needed to trim back on the Splenda and milk content for my tastes. There is no way that I could use 1/3 cup of Splenda in just 2/3 cup of coffee ( even with it being strong). Same for the milk, I used at the most 1/4 cup of powdered milk and that created a white out in my cup. Not a drop of half and half was needed. While I appreciate the effort to make a recipe healthier I'm afraid that I'll not be making this one again. Made for Comfort Cafe, Jan 09.
I have had Bergy's recipe in my cookbook now for ages, but I never got around to trying it because I knew I'd feel guilty afterwards. This is a great alternative, and tastes MMM-Mmm GOOD! Thanks for posting your idea!! PS- I didn't add ice to my coffee, just had it hot off the pot...AWESOME ANYWAYS!