Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm not sure where this recipe came from but with only three ingredients, it's probably the simplest sweet potato fry recipe out there. You can add seasonings like sea salt or garlic powder, but I prefer them just the way they are!
- Peel sweet potatoes (or leave the skins on if you'd like).
- Cut the potatoes in 3/8" fries (like the size you get at a carnival is how it was explained to me).
- Place fries in a glass bowl and cover with water. Let soak for a half hour or more (it's not necessary but it makes a crispier fry).
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add cornstarch to a large, reclosable, plastic bag.
- Add fries to the bag, close and shake until they are coated with cornstarch. You may have to do that more than once depending on your bag size.
- Lay the fries out on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss fries gently with your hands until they are all well covered in oil but try not to knock too much cornstarch off.
- Spread the fries out in a single layer on the baking sheet, making sure not to crowd if you want them to get crispy.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until they reach your desired crispiness.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup for dipping, if desired.