Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Ginny's Skinny Recipes (Skinnytaste.com). Looks delicious and easy to make. A good side dish
- 1 (14 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, stems separated
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- smart balance cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Lightly spray a foil lined baking pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and mince fine.
- Heat a medium sized skillet. Rinse spinach and add to the skillet; cook until it wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, squeeze excess liquid and chop fine. Set aside.
- Dry skillet, add bacon to the skillet and cook on low heat until bacon is cooked through. Set aside on a paper towel. Coarsely chop.
- Clean skillet and add olive oil to the pan. Add garlic and saute until golden, about 2 minutes. Add minced mushroom stems and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and combine mushroom stems with sauteed spinach, bacon, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
- Season mushroom caps with salt. Fill mushrooms with spinach mixture, rounding tops off. Place on an oven safe dish and lightly spray the tops with oil.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Eat warm.