Recipe by CowgirlAmz
We are Mexican lovers at my house and this is a great meal without all the calories!!!
Top Review by Susie D
The resulting enchiladas made for a pleasant meal, but I would make changes next time. My family felt the amount of sauce should be reduced as the enchiladas were swimming in a very rich tasting sauce. I didn't drain the rotel or green chilies as it's not mentioned, but did cook the mixture until reduced and almost dry. I had quite a bit of the chicken mixture, approx 3 cups, so had far more than the mentioned 2 T per enchilada. I overstuffed them, added two more tortillas, and still had some to sprinkle on top. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.
- 16 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) canmexican rotel
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 8 low-carb flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese, and colby cheese blend
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, mix together sour cream, soup and cilantro. Heat through and set aside.
- Combine the chicken, rotel, onions and green chiles in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Heat mixture.
- Warm the tortillas until flexible.
- Fill each tortilla with about 2 tbls. of the chicken mixture.
- Top with about 1/2-1 tablespoon of cheese (or a medium sized pinch if you measure like I do).
- Roll the tortilla up and place seam side down (or they will unravel and you will be annoyed.) in a 8×11 dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour/Spread the sour cream sauce over enchiladas.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.