Recipe by Mindelicious
Definitely not an exact replica but if your cutting calories & fat this is a great recipe to curb the scalloped potatoes craving. I get them alot!! Peas could possibly make a lovely addition to this as well :) I'm not sure exactly where I originally got this from but I have adjusted the liquid ingredients so it will cover all of the potatoes. As the original didn't say what type of pan - I used a 9x13 and it was perfect. Throwing in some nutritional yeast gives it a bit of the cheesey flavor & adds some vitamins - YAY!! Enjoy!!
- 1 tablespoon flour (white, wheat, amaranth)
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk (rice, soy milk)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a saucepan, over med heat, put in first 4 ingredients and whisk until blended. Bring to boil. Lower heat. Cook until thickened slightly. About 5 minutes (it will thicken up a lot in the oven). Add salt & pepper.
- Layer 1/3 of the potatoes in a cassarole dish. Then 1/2 of the carrots, then 1/3 of the chives. Then add another 1/3 of the potatoes, then remaining carrots and 1/3 the chives. Top with remaining potatoes, pour milk mixture over top and sprinkle with remaining chives.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.