Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have this often for lunch, specially in the middle of all the rich food filled holidays. It's filling, lite, and very healthy - plus it's super tasty!
- Separate one globe of shallots into 3rds and mince 1/2- 1 one of them. The rest can be saved for another day. I love my celery so I chop my 1/2 stalk into nice chunky pieces for texture and crunch.
- Mix with the Laughing cow spread and then add a bit of water, perhaps 1/2 tsp? to make it a bit more spreadable. Add the Sambal and then add the bones salmon.
- Mix throughly and spread on 1/2 of a Greek style pita. The Greek style looks more like a puffy bread than a pita, it has no pocket, you just fold it over your filling like an omelet.
- You can add many other things to the filling, ff cream cheese, pickles, greek olives etc. The variations are endless.
- I lined my pita with cooked cabbage once as an experiment and then I put the filling on top of that and folded it over, very yummy!