Recipe by Katybaby
This is a simple, fast rice and bean recipe that doesn't wreck your diet, and I find very comforting! Adjust ingredients to your liking - easily doubles, or can be used as a side dish.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pinto black etc. beans
- 1 -2 tablespoon light Cheese Whiz
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa
- 1 -2 tablespoon light sour cream
- vegetables (lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, etc.) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice as per package directions.
- Add beans to cooked rice in a microwavable bowl; spoon Cheez Whiz into rice mixture.
- Microwave mixture for 30-60 seconds, or until Cheez Whiz melts.
- Stir in salsa and sour cream, or top as desired.
- If desired, add veggie options, like a tortilla-less burrito! :).