Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is taken from the Skinny Taste website and it is fantastic. I used my own crust and followed the same principal of rolling it extra thin and cutting off all the extra...I top it with fat-free whipped topping.
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin (or homemade pumpkin puree)
- 2 tablespoons light butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pie crust, sheet Pillsbury (thawed to room temperature)
- Lightly dust a large cutting board or flat surface with flour. Roll out a room temperature pie crust sheet, so that it becomes thin enough to cut off about 30%, so that your final crust is 5 oz. Place into a 9-inch pie dish, cutting off excess dough.
- Place pumpkin in a large bowl. Add light butter, and mix well. Using an electric mixer, mix in brown sugar, milk, eggs, egg whites, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with whipped topping and enjoy!