Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had read about making cakes with a can of diet pop instead of the ingredients on the back of the cake box, and so I began exploring different flavors I thought would work together so I could have a delicious reduced calorie treat without feeling guilty. Enjoy! :)
- 510.29 g box devil's food cake mix
- 340.19 g can diet Sprite
- 4.92 ml peppermint extract
- 28.34 g package sugar-free white chocolate pudding mix
- 4.92 ml pure peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Mix together Cake Mix, can of Diet Pop, and Peppermint Extract (Do not add ingredients listed on the back of the box).
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2-2/3 full of batter (depending on how big you want them).
- Bake as directed on the back of the box for cupcakes (usually 25-30 minutes).
- Frosting: Use a whisk to mix together the Cool Whip Lite, Pudding Mix, and Peppermint Extract. Wait for cupcakes to cool, then frost and decorate. Enjoy!
I make cake mixes with soda and they come out great. Thanks for sharing this recipe!