I had read about making cakes with a can of diet pop instead of the ingredients on the back of the cake box, and so I began exploring different flavors I thought would work together so I could have a delicious reduced calorie treat without feeling guilty. Enjoy! :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet Sprite
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Mix together Cake Mix, can of Diet Pop, and Peppermint Extract (Do not add ingredients listed on the back of the box).
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2-2/3 full of batter (depending on how big you want them).
- Bake as directed on the back of the box for cupcakes (usually 25-30 minutes).
- Frosting: Use a whisk to mix together the Cool Whip Lite, Pudding Mix, and Peppermint Extract. Wait for cupcakes to cool, then frost and decorate. Enjoy!