Top Review by dale!
Another great recipe. I served these with Spicy Potato Bumps as suggested and had a great meal. I liked the results that cooking them on a rack produced. They stay crisp all over. I used skinless chicken drumsticks.
- 12 skinless chicken legs, without thighs
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 dash coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry chicken with paper towel.
- Put chicken into a medium bowl and pour milk over; let stand, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile; to a zip lock plastic bag, add the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and cayenne pepper, close bag and shake to mix.
- Take one leg at a time, coated with milk and add to zip lock bag, close bag and massage parmesan mixture on to leg until well coated.
- Place on veggie sprayed rack of broiler.
- Repeat until all legs are on broiler rack.
- Sprinkle any parmesan mixture, left in bag, over chicken on rack.
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Place broiler on middle rack in oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until brown and crisp.
- Turn with tongs after the first 15 or 20 minutes.
- Remove to warm serving platter and sprinkle with course salt to taste.