Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
very light and yummy!! the entire loaf is a little less than 800 calories. wow. my kids think it tastes and smells like fruit loops!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lemons, zest of
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- squeeze juice from 2 lemons (you should get 1/3 cup). use the rinds to get your zest.
- combine all ingredients and mix.
- bake in an 8 inches loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray for 30 minute at 350.
I love this recipe with a few substitutes. I do not use splenda, egg beaters or poppy seeds. With these changes I have made this recipe several times and have also made berry lemon bread using 1/2 to 1 cup of chopped frozen mixed berries folded in. Another time I used a cup of blueberries. Great every time. Thanks for the recipe!
It was fantastic. I followed the recipe exactly except for leaving out the poppy seeds. The bread was sweet and lemony and had a great texture - fluffy and moist. My wife suggested adding blueberries next time and I think I might try it.
This recipe was pretty good. I made them into muffins. I had to modify the recipe according to what I had on hand. I used 1 3/4 flour, 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar, and 2 tsp. of Tone's lemon peel. I made a glaze of 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and 1 tbsp hot water. I will make this again.