Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe could not be easier! Very quick to whip up with ingredients I always have on hand. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (5 ounce) can94% fat-free chunk chicken, with liquid
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups reduced fat shredded cheese
- low-fat tortilla chips
- Combine the first six ingredients in large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until the refried beans are completely mixed with other ingredients.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Crumble several chips in the bottom of each serving bowl and ladle soup over top. I prefer to crumble my chips on top so they don't get too soggy and have a few extra on the side for dipping.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Definitely an easy soup to put together, & tasty, too! I did serve it with extra shredded cheese & a bowl of crumbled tortilla chips on the side so one could have as much or as little as desired! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]