1 hr 5 mins
I got this ages ago from Midwest Living magazine. Even my mushroom-hating husband and picky kids like it. It isn't quick, but it's worth it for healthy lasagna.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Cook the beef, mushrooms, onion, and garlic just til meat is brown; drain.
- 2Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, basil, oregano, fennel, crushed red pepper, and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 35 minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together the beaten egg whites, ricotta, and 1/4 c Parmesan cheese.
- 5Cook the lasagna noodles just til tender, drain, and rinse with cold water.
- 6Spray an 11x7x2 inch baking dish with nonstick spray coating.
- 7Arrange 3 of the lasagna noodles in the bottom (trim to fit).
- 8Spread with half of the ricotta mixture.
- 9Spoon half of the sauce over the top and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese.
- 10Repeat layering noodles, cheese mixture, and sauce -- but not the mozzarella.
- 11Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan over the top.
- 12Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 13Remove and sprinkle with reserved mozzarella.
- 14Return to ove and bake 5-10 minutes more.
- 15Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skinny Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 917.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 25.9 g