1/1 Photo of Skinny in Pink Cupcakes
2 hrs 17 mins
This is an easy cupcake recipes that you will think came from one of those expensive cupcake shops. It's rich and decadent without all the extra fat and calories. I hope it's a winner around your house like it is around here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/8 cups seltzer water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons light butter, with canola melted and cooled
- red food coloring, to make the batter look pink
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, start with 4 tbsp and go to 6 if needed for more sweetness
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- red food coloring, to make the frosting look pink
- candy sprinkles, for decoration (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin tins with foil or paper liners and set aside.
- 2Start with the frosting, in a medium mixing bowl combine the softened cream cheeses with the vanilla extract and mix with a hand held mixer until smooth. Add in the pudding mix.
- 3Now, fold the Cool Whip into the mixture and make sure all is combined well.
- 4Add the powdered sugar a little at a time. Use a sieve over the bowl to sift the sugar in so there are no lumps.
- 5Use a whisk to mix in gently, making sure there are no lumps and all is combined well.
- 6Add a few drops of food coloring and mix well to color if you want.
- 7Place plastic wrap over the bowl and place in fridge until ready to use. Keep in fridge at least 2 hours.
- 8Now for the cupcakes, in a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients together except the food coloring. Use a rubber spatula to mix well and incorporate all the dry into the wet. Make sure you go to the bottom for any dry mix left there.
- 9With a hand held mixer, mix until light and fluffy, nice and smooth. Do this for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 10When finished, add a few drops of food coloring to make the color of your choice. Cover the bowl and place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- 11Take out and with an ice cream scooper, you can make 15 large cupcakes or with a small scoop, you can make 30 mini cupcakes.
- 12Bake for about 10 to 17 minutes. Turn the pan around after 5 minutes and check after 10 minutes. The mini cupcakes may take only 8 to 10 minutes. So keep an eye on them. A wooden skewer or toothpick should come out clean or with dry crumbs. Place on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes and then invert onto the cooling rack and cool completely.
- 13When the cupcakes are cooled, take the frosting out of the fridge and give it a quick mix. You will have enough to frost all 30 mini or 15 large cupcakes.
- 14Toss some sprinkles if you want and enjoy these beautiful and luscious cupcakes! Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skinny in Pink Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 319.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free cream cheese