Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
These brownies are so easy to put together and tastes so rich and gooey but with less fat and calories. Enjoy every bite!
- 1⁄2 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup bob's whole wheat pastry flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup land o' lakes whipped light butter, melted and cooled
- extra large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 -15 maraschino cherries, chopped into little pieces
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon almond milk or 1 tablespoon low-fat milk, more if needed. One tablespoon at a time
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray an 8 inch non-stick square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, cocoa and mix well with a wire whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well until all is combined and with a rubber spatula, dig deep to the bottom of the bowl to make sure all the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 22-28 minutes. Do not over bake. Test with a wooden skewer or toothpick. Should come out with moist crumbs.
- Let cool on a wire rack and then cut when cooled but still a little warm and enjoy! Makes 16 brownies.
Love the taste of the cherries. Great recipe. Came out perfect. Thank you.
Made this tonight and my whole family loved them. Easy to follow too. I am making this for Mother's Day!
My DH liked these but I didn't care for them, they were a bit dry. I should have known because the batter was very dry I had to use an extra Tbsp. of milk just to get a batter instead of crumbles. Thanks for sharing, though!