Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the Skinny Girl Website. I made it the other night, and it's delicious! I sauteed the mushrooms and then set them aside in a different bowl. I added them again when I added the sauce over the chicken. I made this with whole wheat penne pasta and roasted asparagus: http://www.food.com/recipe/roasted-asparagus-50847.
- 1 tablespoon light butter (like Brummel & Brown)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter for 10 seconds, or until melted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk melted butter, broth, wine, and cornstarch until cornstarch has dissolved.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir mushrooms until softened, which is about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Move mushrooms to the sides of the skillet. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and basil, and lay in the center of the skillet. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring mushrooms occasionally. (You can also move mushrooms to another dish and add them again with the broth mixture.).
- Flip chicken. Give broth mixture a stir and add to the skillet. Stirring mushrooms occasionally, cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- MAKES 2 SERVINGS.