Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Spark People.
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄4 cup smucker's sugar-free syrup
- 2 tablespoons dannon light n' fit low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- Combine flours, allspice, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and salt well in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to beat molasses, syrup, Splenda brown, applesauce, and yogurt until well blended.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the larger bowl and mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Press the dough into a disc, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 2 cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Gather the dough scraps, re-roll, and keep making gingerbread men until all dough is used up.
- Use a spatula to transfer cookies to cookie sheets, placing them 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown, rotating sheets halfway through to ensure even baking. Remove to wire racks and let cool completely.