Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe comes from The New American Diet Cookbook with some changes by me. The secret here is to soak the potatoes in ice water for 10 to 15 minutes while the oven is preheating.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 -4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the potatoes and cut lengthwise into 3 equal slices; cut each slice into thirds or fourths.
- As the potatoes are cut, place them in a dish of ice water.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- When oven is hot, drain off the water, remove potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Return the dried potatoes to the bowl, sprinkle with seasoning and drizzle with oil; evenly distribute the oil and seasoning with your hands.
- Place on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake until golden brown and tender; approximately 30 minutes, turning frequently.
- Sprinkle with additional seasoning if desired or salt and pepper to taste.