Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from The New American Diet Cookbook with some changes by me. The secret here is to soak the potatoes in ice water for 10 to 15 minutes while the oven is preheating.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 -4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Scrub the potatoes and cut lengthwise into 3 equal slices; cut each slice into thirds or fourths.
- As the potatoes are cut, place them in a dish of ice water.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- When oven is hot, drain off the water, remove potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Return the dried potatoes to the bowl, sprinkle with seasoning and drizzle with oil; evenly distribute the oil and seasoning with your hands.
- Place on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake until golden brown and tender; approximately 30 minutes, turning frequently.
- Sprinkle with additional seasoning if desired or salt and pepper to taste.
Yummers! I love everything Cajun-style. I made these as directed as a side to a sandwich. So simple and so good. Thanks, Paula for sharing. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
These were very easy and good. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game 2010.
Wow! I thought these were just perfect. Except mine were "fat". Oh, they are suppose to help make you skinny, I get it now. Very easy to throw together and I was surprised that they were cooked in the 30 minute time frame. Loved the cajun seasoning. Thanks for posting. :)