Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rachel Ray's healthy take on alfredo pasta
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked according to package
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sage and cook 1 to 2 minutes,.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer, stirring gently about 3 minutes until thickened.
- Pour sauce over cooked fettuccine and stir in parmesan. Serve with additional parmesan and sage sprinkled on top.