Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Warning - the Surgeon General has determined that these may become habit-forming. Do not eat them while driving or operating heavy machinery.
- ----ToMake Garlic Dip----.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, and egg yolks and stir until well blended.
- Combine the vegetable and olive oils and slowly add the oils, a drop at a time at first, beating constantly.
- As the mixture begins to thicken, add oil a little faster and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- ----ToMake Potato Skins----.
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
- Pierce in several places with fork.
- Bake potatoes at 375F to 400F for about 45 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- Cool slightly and then cut in half.
- Scoop out flesh leaving in 1/8 to ¼ inch thick shell.
- (Keep the potato flesh for recipes calling for mashed potatoes).
- Turn oven up to 500F.
- Using a kitchen shears or very sharp vegetable knife, cut the shells in half and then in half again giving you 8 sections for each potato.
- Brush both sides of skins with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve with garlic dip.
Yummy and oh-so addictive -- I think that just about sums it up. Be careful to leave enough flesh on the skins, to keep them from burning too quickly when you crisp them up. My only other suggestion is to make twice as many as you think you need because once you start munching I think you'll find it darn near impossible to stop! The dressing is a gem too, and I think I'll be using it on more than potatoes from now on.
Absolutely vanished into the crowd! The first time I made it I followed this recipe; the second time I served the garlic dip with cassava, cut think and deep fried like steak chips. The crowd went wild!
Amazing finger food!! These were gone from the plate in a few minutes! thank you!