Recipe by Hollyism
Found this recipe on Pinterest and didn't see anything like it on Food.com... I just made it tonight and it was soooo delicious! I wanted to put it on here for safekeeping ;^) I want to give credit where credit is due so here's the original website: http://www.celebrations.com/content/skinny-chicken-broccoli-alfredo
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, roasted
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth, low fat low sodium
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt, plain fat free
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan.
- Add cooked chicken and broccoli to sauce mixture, followed by the cooked pasta. Toss to combine and serve with more Parmesan, if desired.