Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The mustard sauce is still very tasty but calorie wise using skim milk. You can use this sauce on other veggies too but it is good on broccoli
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 medium carrot, scrapped
- 1 celery rib, washed
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 drops lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Place broccoli, carrot, celery water and lemon juice in a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350°F oven for approx 1 hour (less if you like your veggie crisp).
- Mustard sauce--------------------.
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan and stir in the flour, cook 1 minute.
- Add milk gradually whisking constantly.
- Cook until it thickens then stir in the mustard lemon juice and seasoning.
- To serve slice carrot and celery diagonally mix with the florets, drizzle with the mustard sauce.
I liked this one! Very simple, vegetable ingredients can be tweaked to anyone's liking (cauliflower will be an addition next time I make this and asparagus come spring). I like my veggies ultra crisp, so I cut the time waay back, putting the pan in the oven at the tail end of cooking time for a chicken I had roasting. Great dish for 'multi-tasking', can't wait for summer veggies to try in this. Thanks Bergy!