Recipe by Bergy
The mustard sauce is still very tasty but calorie wise using skim milk. You can use this sauce on other veggies too but it is good on broccoli
Top Review by bikerchick
I liked this one! Very simple, vegetable ingredients can be tweaked to anyone's liking (cauliflower will be an addition next time I make this and asparagus come spring). I like my veggies ultra crisp, so I cut the time waay back, putting the pan in the oven at the tail end of cooking time for a chicken I had roasting. Great dish for 'multi-tasking', can't wait for summer veggies to try in this. Thanks Bergy!
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 medium carrot, scrapped
- 1 celery rib, washed
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 drops lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli, carrot, celery water and lemon juice in a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350°F oven for approx 1 hour (less if you like your veggie crisp).
- Mustard sauce--------------------.
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan and stir in the flour, cook 1 minute.
- Add milk gradually whisking constantly.
- Cook until it thickens then stir in the mustard lemon juice and seasoning.
- To serve slice carrot and celery diagonally mix with the florets, drizzle with the mustard sauce.