Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty, fat-free alternative.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 can fat-free condensed milk
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and condensed milk to a simmer, over med-low heat.
- Stir constantly to avoid scalding.
- Add basil, sage, nutmeg, salt to taste, pepper, garlic, and onion.
- Place cornstarch in a bowl and add about 3-4 tbsp of the hot milk.
- Stir until smooth.
- This will help you add the cornstarch to the soup without making lumps.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the soup, stirring constantly, until you like the thickness.
- If you accidentally make it too thick, just add more milk.
- If the cornstarch gets lumpy, use a whisk.
- Add the broccolli and let the soup simmer, still stirring, for about 10 minutes.
- This will leave the broccolli with a little firmness, but if you like your broccolli softer, just simmer a little longer.