Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ooooh, so creamy and good. Ooooh, so fattening. Had to change this one up and delete some calories or spend an extra hour running. I love to run, but I didn't/don't have the extra hour. ENJOY! Inspired by homecooking -- perfected on eatbetteramerica.com I hour of prep time includes the time to cook the rice (longer than white rice) I cook it the night before and leave it covered in the fridge to make cooking easier the next night!
- 5 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked regular long grain brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerated reduced-fat alfredo sauce
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cut-up cooked turkey
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (I make my own with oven dried bread)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat water, brown rice and wild rice to boiling . Reduce heat; cover and simmer 40 to 50 minutes or until rices are tender. If necessary, drain.
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In very large bowl, mix pasta sauce, sour cream, broth, Parmesan cheese, thyme and pepper until well mixed. Stir in rice mixture, turkey and vegetables. Spoon into baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over turkey mixture.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are bubbly and bread crumbs are lightly browned.