Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
Salad should be good for you right? Not always. Sometimes salads can have more calories than that burger you wanted in the first place. It is all about what and how much you put on it -- especially if it is going to be a meal!
Top Review by Ty's Kitchen
Excellent salad. I made it in a trifle bowl and then tossed it before serving. Wish I had used a normal salad bowl as it was hard to toss and didn't look that great! If I was keeping it as layers, I would use a 9x13 pan, and serve as squares. Only complaints were from my DS who dislikes peas! The combination of veggies was excellent and it would make a great salad for a potluck.
- 1419.54 ml torn mixed salad greens
- 473.18 ml small broccoli florets
- 236.59 ml shredded carrot
- 473.18 ml frozen sweet peas, cooked, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 2 medium stalk celery, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 6 slice bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- 5 medium green onions, thinly sliced (5 tablespoons)
- 177.44 ml reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, finely chopped or 2.46 ml dried basil leaves
- 2.46 ml finely shredded lemon peel
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (2 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salad greens in large salad bowl. In order given, layer the next seven salad ingredients over greens.
- In small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients except cheese until well blended.
- Spoon dressing over salad; sprinkle with cheese.
- Toss salad to coat.