1/1 Photo of Skinny Bride's Guide to Layered Vegetable Salad
Salad should be good for you right? Not always. Sometimes salads can have more calories than that burger you wanted in the first place. It is all about what and how much you put on it -- especially if it is going to be a meal!
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups frozen sweet peas, cooked, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 2 medium stalk celery, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- 5 medium green onions, thinly sliced (5 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1Place salad greens in large salad bowl. In order given, layer the next seven salad ingredients over greens.
- 2In small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients except cheese until well blended.
- 3Spoon dressing over salad; sprinkle with cheese.
- 4Toss salad to coat.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skinny Bride's Guide to Layered Vegetable Salad
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 281.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
reduced-fat cheddar cheese