1/4 Photos of Skinny Bride's Guide to Ham and Potato Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Altered from a recipe I found at eatbetteramerica.com. It is important to leave the peel on the potato in order to get all the yummy nutrients found there!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups red potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise (I like Kraft Free)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1Place potatoes in 2-quart saucepan; add enough water just to cover potatoes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2Heat oven to 350°F In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix milk and flour with wire whisk until well blended. Stir into vegetables in skillet. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cook uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in mayonnaise, pepper and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- 4Place ham and potatoes in ungreased 2-quart casserole. Pour milk mixture over ham mixture; stir to mix. Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and light golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skinny Bride's Guide to Ham and Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 259.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 21.1 g