Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
I found this on Kraft Foods -- sometimes I add some shrimp if I am feeling like a splurge, or I sub tuna or turkey for the chicken breast if I want lower fat and higher protein.
Top Review by Starrynews
Easy and delicious, I love that it covers all the bases in one easy dish. I used homemade Italian dressing. It was great! I reduced the serving size for 2 of us, and we had some nice leftovers for the lunch next day. Thanks for sharing!
- 709.77 ml penne pasta, uncooked
- 29.58 ml light Italian dressing
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 354.88 ml fresh asparagus, cut into one inch lengths
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 113.39 g reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic, chicken and vegetables; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and cream cheese; cook 1 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- Add Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Drain the pasta and return to pot.
- Add chicken and vegetable mixture; toss lightly. Cook 1 minute or until heated through.
- Sauce will thicken after standing.