Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this on Kraft Foods -- sometimes I add some shrimp if I am feeling like a splurge, or I sub tuna or turkey for the chicken breast if I want lower fat and higher protein.
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons light Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh asparagus, cut into one inch lengths
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic, chicken and vegetables; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and cream cheese; cook 1 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- Add Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Drain the pasta and return to pot.
- Add chicken and vegetable mixture; toss lightly. Cook 1 minute or until heated through.
- Sauce will thicken after standing.
Easy and delicious, I love that it covers all the bases in one easy dish. I used homemade Italian dressing. It was great! I reduced the serving size for 2 of us, and we had some nice leftovers for the lunch next day. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Holiday tag. Super simple and a complete meal. Loved the creamy sauce with the chicken, pasta and veg.