Recipe by catercow
Lower fat version of traditional Blondie bars. (Whenever I make these people always tell me I'm a blondie serving blondies)
Top Review by J-Lynn
These do not taste the same as full-fat blondies (not as caramel-ly), but they are delicious in their own way. You can't actually tell that they are a lower-fat recipe. I am very pleased with the nutrition facts on these, although I used 1 egg and 1 egg white. Update: Here's a Fall twist: replace 3 Tbsp. butter with 5 Tbsp peanut butter, and finely chop 1 apple into batter. Yum!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons light butter, softened
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, egg whites, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mix with water. Stir in morsels. Spread into greased 15 by 10 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.