Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my lower-fat take on hummus. The bell pepper taste is subtle, but keeps the hummus from being bland without tahini. I like it pretty garlicky, use one clove if you prefer a milder flavor.
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Chop garlic in food processor.
- Add chick peas, peppers and olive oil, process until peppers are fully incorporated.
- Add salt and cumin, process until smooth.
Hummus has never been a thing I'd reach for on the appetizer table (& I have no idea of how it should taste!), but I'll admit that this proved to be a nice addition to my 'dips & dippers' counter! Might actually have to make this again sometime! I think the taste of the garlic is what did it for me![Made & reviewed for one of the chefs that I adopted in this Spring's PAC]