1/3 Photos of Skinny Banana Blueberry Muffins
This slightly edited recipe comes to you from the awesome blog http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/ - I made it with ww flour, and it was super delish! Even the parrots went nuts for it! (Then again, they eat pretty much everything...) I did toss the frozen blueberries in a heaping tablespoon of flour, to prevent blue muffins. This is definitely a keeper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (or mix of whole wheat and all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed (or dark brown sugar)
- 1 cup banana, mashed very ripe (about 2 large very ripe bananas)
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt, vanilla greek (or any yogurt)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk (almond milk, soymilk, cow's milk, rice milk)
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries, fresh or 1 1/4 cups blueberries, frozen
- 1Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Spray 15 muffin tins with nonstick spray.* Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, gently toss the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until combined. Set aside.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the honey and brown sugar together - it will be thick and lumpy. Try to get out as many lumps as you can - a fork works well to break it up. Add the mashed banana, yogurt, and beaten egg. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently begin to fold it all together. It will be very thick. Add the milk slowly and continue to gently mix the ingredients together. The milk will thin everything out, but the batter will still remain thick. Gently fold in the blueberries. Do not overmix the batter, which will lend tough, dry muffins.
- 4Divide the batter between 12 muffin tins. Fill all the way to the top. Bake for 20 minutes until very lightly browned on the edges. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Allow the muffins to cool completely.
- 5*Note: Do not use cupcake liners; muffins will stick to them.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skinny Banana Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.0
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g