Recipe by Manda
You'd never believe this is low-fat!! Easy to make, very filling, and sooo full of flavor, this dish is a hit with my whole family. Simple but elegant. Prep. time includes cleaning shrimp
Top Review by Clifford Boren
So good that Barb ate the leftovers for breakfast the next day! It's hard to get much sauce per bite when you use long pasta, so I used small shells. Added mushrooms, Marsalla wine, and a touch of red chili. Wowsers!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook shrimp over medium-high heat until just opaque; remove.
- Remove skillet from heat and recoat with cooking spray.
- Add oil, celery, onion, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, and black pepper; cook 5 min.
- until softened.
- Add garlic, scallions and bell pepper; cook 10 minutes until tender.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package.
- Add shrimp to sauce and heat through.
- Serve sauce over hot, drained pasta.