1 hr 30 mins
You'd never believe this is low-fat!! Easy to make, very filling, and sooo full of flavor, this dish is a hit with my whole family. Simple but elegant. Prep. time includes cleaning shrimp
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1In large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook shrimp over medium-high heat until just opaque; remove.
- 2Remove skillet from heat and recoat with cooking spray.
- 3Add oil, celery, onion, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, and black pepper; cook 5 min.
- 4until softened.
- 5Add garlic, scallions and bell pepper; cook 10 minutes until tender.
- 6Add tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to boil.
- 7Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package.
- 9Add shrimp to sauce and heat through.
- 10Serve sauce over hot, drained pasta.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skinny Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Veggie Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 1054.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 26.2 g