Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You'd never believe this is low-fat!! Easy to make, very filling, and sooo full of flavor, this dish is a hit with my whole family. Simple but elegant. Prep. time includes cleaning shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook shrimp over medium-high heat until just opaque; remove.
- Remove skillet from heat and recoat with cooking spray.
- Add oil, celery, onion, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, and black pepper; cook 5 min.
- until softened.
- Add garlic, scallions and bell pepper; cook 10 minutes until tender.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package.
- Add shrimp to sauce and heat through.
- Serve sauce over hot, drained pasta.