Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
You'd never believe this is low-fat!! Easy to make, very filling, and sooo full of flavor, this dish is a hit with my whole family. Simple but elegant. Prep. time includes cleaning shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook shrimp over medium-high heat until just opaque; remove.
- Remove skillet from heat and recoat with cooking spray.
- Add oil, celery, onion, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, and black pepper; cook 5 min.
- until softened.
- Add garlic, scallions and bell pepper; cook 10 minutes until tender.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package.
- Add shrimp to sauce and heat through.
- Serve sauce over hot, drained pasta.
So good that Barb ate the leftovers for breakfast the next day! It's hard to get much sauce per bite when you use long pasta, so I used small shells. Added mushrooms, Marsalla wine, and a touch of red chili. Wowsers!
Very good! I didn't saute the shrimp either, but let them cook with the sauce the last 10 minutes, and they turned out great! Also reduced some sauvignon blanc into the onions and garlic after sauting and before adding tomatoes. Will definitely make again, thanks!
This was to die for, Manda! I added a splash of Sauvignon Blanc wine and juice from 1/2 a lemon with some red pepper flakes. Instead of sauteing the shrimp first I just added them to the sauce after it had cooked 25 minutes and let it simmer with a lid on for about 10 minutes. The shrimp were amazingly tender and flavorful cooked this way! We're having leftovers tonight and I cannot wait! Thank you so much for a great recipe!