Recipe by SusieQusie
Pampered Chef - It's Good For You - Still not fat-free but a reduced-fat version of a classic dish.
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
Having left out the first ingredient, maybe I'm not the right one to be rating this, but I didn't have any on hand. If I make it again, I'll definitely use more garlic, salt, and pepper. It's a very good starting point for me, though, and I want to thank you for your recipe! If my family will give me one more shot at it, I'll use the turkey bacon and maybe that will help. Thanks again!
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 ounces cholesterol-free egg noodles (uncooked weight)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon; crumble and set aside. ( I layer the slices with paper towels and microwave a couple of minutes until crisp).
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and keep warm. (or to save time - multitask by cooking the noodles as you finish off the remaining steps.).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir till chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium; add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes. (Pour off excess liquid if needed).
- Return chicken and crumbled bacon to skillet.
- Mix together sour cream, flour, salt and pepper. Whisk in the broth until sauce is smooth.
- Stir sauce into chicken mixture, briefly bring to a boil then reduce heat & simmer for 2 minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper as needed, stir in the parsley and serve over noodles.