Pampered Chef - It's Good For You - Still not fat-free but a reduced-fat version of a classic dish.
Make and share this Skinnier Chicken Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 ounces cholesterol-free egg noodles (uncooked weight)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Fry bacon; crumble and set aside. ( I layer the slices with paper towels and microwave a couple of minutes until crisp).
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and keep warm. (or to save time - multitask by cooking the noodles as you finish off the remaining steps.).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir till chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium; add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes. (Pour off excess liquid if needed).
- Return chicken and crumbled bacon to skillet.
- Mix together sour cream, flour, salt and pepper. Whisk in the broth until sauce is smooth.
- Stir sauce into chicken mixture, briefly bring to a boil then reduce heat & simmer for 2 minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper as needed, stir in the parsley and serve over noodles.
Having left out the first ingredient, maybe I'm not the right one to be rating this, but I didn't have any on hand. If I make it again, I'll definitely use more garlic, salt, and pepper. It's a very good starting point for me, though, and I want to thank you for your recipe! If my family will give me one more shot at it, I'll use the turkey bacon and maybe that will help. Thanks again!
I made this using fat free greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. Absolutely delicious. Thank you for a great recips
This is a great recipe. I made it last night when I didn't have a lot of time and it was perfect. It's easy to make and tastes indulgently rich. I used a scant 1/2 tsp of minced garlic and fat free sour cream for a very legal and much enjoyed meal. Thanks very much for this one SQ. :D