Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From http://www.grouprecipes.com/29434/skinless-fried-and-baked-chicken-and-gravy.html An incredibly tasty half fried, half baked skinless chicken that is good hot or cold. Low fat, the gravy is very tasty!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 whole chicken (3 pounds, skin removed, cut up)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 2⁄3 cups low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line 13 x 9 x 2 pan with foil and grease or spray lightly.
- In a paper bag, combine flour, salt, paprika, allspice, red pepper, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside 2 tablespoons of this mixture to make gravy.
- Shake chicken in flour mixture.
- In 12" nonstick skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken turning occasionally about 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered for ten more minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Whisk saved flour mixture into skillet drippings cooking over medium heat about 2 minutes or until it's a cinnamon brown color.
- Gradually whisk in milk, lowe heat and whisk constantly for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Chicken is good cold next day too!