Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this ointment after I suffered tons of flea bites a couple of years ago. Looking at my feet now, you won't believe how much bite marks I had... okay... I was scratching it till it bled. Applied ointment before bedtime for about 2 - 3 months. My friends couldn't believe my feet look so good now as they have seen how bad it was before. This ointment works best when the wounds are still healing.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons aloe vera gel
- 1 vitamin E, capsule
- 2 teaspoons base cream/carrier oil (I used Nivea cream then but will use calendula oil now)
- Mix Aloe Vera gel and base cream/carrier oil.
- Break Vit E Capsule and mix content with gel and base cream mixture.
- Mix well.
- Use on where needed.
- Wear old socks if using on feet to prevent smearing on bedsheet.
I've been trying out a batch of Velvetinenut's aromatherapy recipes for the Pick Your Chef game. My kids think I've turned into some kind of Mad Chemist, but they stopped complaining when I gave them a batch of this stuff to try out. My oldest daughter has dry cracked heels, and after using this cream every night for the last two weeks she's ready to sing its praises to everyone. We've also been eaten alive by killer mosquitoes this spring and this cream is very soothing. I used the Nivea cream, which makes a great carrier. Thanks so much for this recipe!