Recipe by maria023
I modified a few different recipes and added some personal tweaks like using gnocchi instead of potatoes, and thickening with chickpea flour rather than relying on half&half or heavy cream.
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 8 ounces gnocchi
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, saute onion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When onion is softened, add 1 cup of the canned corn, reserving remaining corn and liquid for use later.
- Saute 15 more minutes.
- Add remaining liquid from canned corn, 1 cup milk, and 1 cup water and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir flour into remaining half cup water until smooth (no lumps).
- Stir contents of pan, pour into blender or food processor and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Keep in mind that this mixture is very hot, so be careful when blending.
- Put a folded towel over the blender to prevent splatters and be sure lid is on securely.
- Pour contents back into saucepan, return to medium-high heat.
- Add remaining cup milk, gnocchi, and flour mixture, simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining canned corn, frozen corn and bring to a simmer.
- Add crabmeat, and simmer 20 more minutes, stirring frequently.