Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You don't need to like zucchini to enjoy this dish!
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- Cut zucchini in half length-wise.
- In large skillet, cook onion in hot oil until tender, but not brown.
- Add zucchini halves, cut side up, sprinkle with salt, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Top with tomato sauce, cover and cook just until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle zucchini with parmesan cheese, top with provolone cheese slices cover and cook until the cheese begins to melt.
I really enjoyed this recipe! I used salsa instead of the tomato sauce cause I was out, and mozzarella instead of provolone cheese. Simply delicious! Thanks!