Recipe by Claudia Dawn
This is a perfect substitution for potatoes to accompany steak or any grilled meats. Not only is it delicious, but it's almost as easy as baked potatoes. This has been a family favorite for years and we make it often. The cooking time includes cooking the tortellini. Enjoy!
Top Review by IngridH
I really liked this! I made it as a main dish, with the following substitions/additions: instead of wine, I used dry vermouth, added 1 box of frozen artichoke hearts when I boiled the pasta, and added 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil in step 4. If I'd had fresh basil, I would have added it at the end, instead of parsley, but fresh basil is still about 5 months away. I loved how fast this came together, and was a nice, filling meal. Thanks for posting!
- 14 ounces cheese-filled egg tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Tortellini as directed on package.
- Drain; rinse with hot water.
- In large skillet, sauté garlic in oil 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine, salt, pepper and Tortellini.
- Simmer over low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Toss with 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, if desired.