Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This toffee is awesome, and really easy to make.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups unblanched almonds
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar until mixture is smooth, and keep stirring and cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Add the unblanched almonds to the sugar/butter mixture, and continue stirring and cooking for 10 more minutes.
- Pour candy mixture into an ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Melt chocolate in top of double broiler (Or you can melt using a microwave).
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly over toffee.
- Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Break into pieces when hardened.
This toffee tastes almost exactly like storebought Almond Roca! -:¦:- My only suggestion would be to cut the amount of butter to 3/4 cup and increase the amount of chocolate squares to 5. -:¦:- FYI, I used slivered almonds which sort of meets the "unblanched" criteria and they worked out great. THANKS, Mrs. Nestleroad!