Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
I was experimenting with tarragon and created this simple, tasty potato dish. I created it to pair with my Baked Tarragon Chicken recipe (no. 276286).
Top Review by KateL
Very good, simple potatoes, although mine took longer to cook through. Tarragon would be best with something subtle, but the spice could be varied according to whim to accompany whatever. Thank you for posting this recipe, MarthaStewartWanabe. Made for Top Favorites of 2008 Tag, based on the recommendation of WiGal.
- 2 cups potatoes, thinly sliced (white or red)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced (small onion)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Stir until potatoes are evenly coated with spice mixture and onion slices are evenly distributed.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 15 minutes, tossing and turning the potatoes every few minutes.
- Potatoes will be done when slightly browned and fork-tender.