Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This delicious chicken and easy creamy tarragon wine sauce cook right on the stove top. People will think you went to culinary school to learn how to make something this good! Do not worry about the cream in here. It is only 1/4 cup divided between 6 people. Just enough to give you that smooth creaminess you have been craving! Oh MY this is so good! We love this over some simple white or brown rice with a green salad on the side. Oh and the rest of that bottle of wine! hehee Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can use bone in but adjust time) or 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (can use bone in but adjust time)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Set aside remaining flour.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in large skillet and brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Saute onion in same skillet until it begins to become clear.
- Add wine and cook until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring to loosen browned bits (deglaze) on bottom of skillet. Watch closely- this happens fast!
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in reserved flour until it becomes a thick paste.
- Add tarragon, chicken broth and the cooked chicken. Cover and cook until tender.
- Place chicken on a warm platter.
- Add remaining butter and heavy cream to the liquid that is in the skillet and heat through.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and garnish with a little more tarragon or some chopped fresh parsley or green onion if desired.