Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This quick-fix meal really hits the spot - it's perfect after a busy day! It is from a 1990 cookbook called "365 Easy One-Dish Meals".
- 2 small onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 4 (8 ounce) packagesprepared refrigerated beef tamales
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Chop the onions, pepper, and zucchini. Place half of the veggies in a 12-inch skillet.
- Cut the tamales in half lengthwise and place them, filling-side up, on top of the veggies.
- Add the hot water to the skillet and top the tamales with the remaining veggies.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer until cheese melts.
- Serve over shredded lettuce, topped with a dollop of sour cream.