1/3 Photos of Skillet Taco Supreme
Here's a great go-to recipe for you! It's surely one for me! Especially with the hurried holiday shopping and cold evenings, this will warm you and your family and you can be home in plenty of time to fix dinner. This doubles and triples nicely. Feel free to use a mixture of beef and pork. I sometimes roll this up in a tortilla and sometimes I leave out the broken chips and use WHOLE chips to scoop up the goodness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean pork or 1 lb beef, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa (home made or your favorite bottled)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups broken tortilla chips
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1Using a large skillet, cook the cubed pork over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes in olive oil, until browned and partially cooked.
- 2Add refried beans, green chiles, and salsa, stirring until blended. Cook until mixture reaches a near boil, then lower heat and simmer, stirring frequently to keep pork from sticking to the skillet.
- 3Check the pork for doneness in 6-10 minutes(there should be no pink in the center of the cubed meat).
- 4Remove from heat. Add tomatoes, chips and cheese, in that order. Cover just long enough to melt the cheese. Top with sour cream, lettuce and olives. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Taco Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.0
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 1466.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 40.9 g