This super delicious, super easy recipe is a perfect example of how appreciative you'll be of your cast iron skillet, as it goes from stovetop into the oven with ease.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400º.
- 2In an 10 or 11-inch ovenproof skillet, brown ground beef; drain.
- 3Add taco seasoning mix and tomato sauce to ground beef.
- 4Simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Spread mixture evenly in skillet.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7In a mixing bowl, blend biscuit mix and milk.
- 8On a lightly floured surface, pat dough to form a circle about 1 inch smaller than the skillet.
- 9Transfer dough to top of beef mixture.
- 10Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Place a large platter or pizza pan upside down on skillet.
- 12Using pot holders, carefully turn skillet and platter over to transfer Taco Pie onto platter.
- 13Assemble Taco Pie by sprinkling cheese to within 1 inch of edge of beef mixture.
- 14Distribute lettuce to within 1 inch of edge of cheese.
- 15Place tomatoes in center of cheese layer.
- 16Make 6 dallops of sour cream on pie.
- 17Garnish with olives.
- 18Cut into 6 wedges.
- 19Yield: 6 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Taco Pie
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 873.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 23.8 g